Common Questions in Recorded Statements to Insurance Adjusters
Would you like to speak with an attorney now?
RECORDED STATEMENTS TO INSURANCE ADJUSTERS
If you’ve been in an Ohio car or motorcycle accident, you’ll soon meet up with an adjuster who wants to take a “recorded statement” from you. We typically advise our clients (or potential clients who call) not to give a recorded statement to the at fault party’s insurance company. In fact, I wrote a blog post about the reasons why this is a bad idea, which you can access here. If, however, you are contemplating giving one to the adjuster, the following guide may help you prepare for what you may be asked:
EXAMPLE of common questions in recorded statements to insurance adjusters .
These interviews are basically “scripted” and the questions are typical ones you’d expect to see in any initial “interview.”
1. Could you please state your full name?
2. Do you understand that this interview is being recorded?
3. Is it being recorded with your permission?
4. If I need to share the information with another adjuster, may I do so?
5. What is your address and telephone number?
6. What is your date of birth?
7. What is the year, make and model of the vehicle you were driving?
8. Are you the registered owner of that vehicle?
9. Were you using the vehicle for any type of business or government use?
10. Were there any minors or passengers in the vehicle with you?
11. What was the date of your accident?
12. Around what time?
13. How many vehicles were involved?
14. What street did this happen on?
15. Was the weather a factor in the accident?
16. Was the traffic light, moderate or heavy?
17. What happened?
18. What type of damage was done to your vehicle?
19. Do you know what type of damage was done to the other vehicles?
20. Was there any type of evasive action that was able to be taken to avoid the accident?
21. Were you under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
22. Were you using a cell phone or any other electronic devices?
23. Was anything obstructing your vision?
24. Do you know how fast the other party was going?
25. Do you know what the speed limit is on that road?
26. Was your vehicle towed?
27. Were you wearing your seatbelt?
28. Did your airbag deploy?
29. Were the police called to the scene?
30. Was there a report taken?
31. Do you have the report number?
32. Was a ticket or citation issued?
33. Were the vehicles moved before the police arrived?
34. Did the police take statements from the drivers?
35. Were there any witnesses that saw the accident?
36. Do you have the witnesses’ contact information?
37. Was there property damage to street signs, poles or anything else?
38. Were you injured in the accident?
39. What type of injuries did you sustain?
40. At the moment of the impact, were you thrown forward, backward or sideways?
41. Did any part of your body make contact with the vehicle?
42. Was there any ringing in your ears or popping in your jaw?
43. Did you have any deep cuts or lacerations?
44. Was there any emergency treatment performed at the scene?
45. Were you taken to the hospital?
46. What hospital did you go to?
47. Were you transported by ambulance?
48. What treatment have you received since the accident?
49. Do you know the name of your doctor?
50. What type of treatment plan are you currently on?
51. Are you taking any medication?
52. If you can rate the pain that you feel now, 10 being the worst, 1 being the least, how would you rate your pain?
53. Did you have any prior injuries that could have resurfaced because of the accident?
54. Do you know the total amount of your medical bills to date?
55. How much time did you miss from work?
56. Where do you work?
57. What is your position there?
58. Are there any physical requirements for your position?
59. What is the name of your immediate supervisor?
60. Do you know a phone number for your supervisor?
61. Are you paid hourly or salary?
62. How many hours do you work per week?
63. What is your salary?
64. Do you make any type commissions or bonuses?
65. How long have you worked there?
66. What type of medical benefits do you receive?
67. Do you know if any of the other parties in the other vehicle were injured?
68. Is there anything in reference to the accident that you would like to add that we have not discussed that we should know about?
69. Have you understood all these questions?
70. Is this recording true and correct to the best of your knowledge?
71. Has this recording been made with your knowledge and consent?
72. Would you state your name again please?